In early June, I Squadron of the South African Air Force (SAAF) was in place with its Hawker Fury and Hurricane fighters with a further twelve pilots detached to Egypt for conversion training with the Gladiator--they were to arrive in Kenya in late July.
What does SAAF stand for?
SAAF stands for South African Air Force
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SAAF
We have 17 other meanings of SAAF in our Acronym Attic
- Southern African American English
- South Asian-American Employee Association (Virginia)
- South African Atomic Energy Board
- Southern Arizona Architects and Engineers Marketing Association
- Southern Alberta Alternative Energy Partnership (Canada)
- Southern Association of Agricultural Experiment Station Directors
- Sciences Addressing Asymmetric Explosive Threats (US DoD)
- San Antonio Area Foundation (est. 1964)
- Short Austere Air Field
- Simmons Army Airfield (Ft. Bragg, NC)
- Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
- Special Air Assault Force (gaming group)
- Syrian Arab Armed Forces
- Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association
- South African Air Force Association
- South African Amateur Fencing Association (est. 1949)
- Special Arab Aid Fund for Africa
- Substance Abuse and Family Enhancement (drug treatment program; Daytona Beach, FL)
- Substance Abuse Awareness for Everyone (Mount Holyoke College; Massachusetts)
- South African Association of Freight Forwarders
Samples in periodicals archive:
BAE Systems and Saab have supplied 24 new Hawk Mk 120 jet trainers and a number of Gripen fighter aircraft to the South African Air Force for its LIFT and air defence requirements respectively.
A total of1,581 artists took part in the spectacle, which began with a fly-past by the South African Air Force.
After an aerial display by the South African air force, drummers and dancers performed a Welcome To Africa song that included an introduction to the tournament's 10 venues.
After an aerial display by the South African air force, a group of drummers and dancers performed a 'Welcome to Africa' song which included an introduction to all 10 of the tournament's venues.
After an aerial display by the South African air force, a group of drummers and dancers performed a Welcome to Africa song that included an introduction to all 10 of the tournament's venues.