The clinical sites developed both through national funding via the South African AIDS Vaccine Initiative (SAAVI) and international funding, such as the National Institutes of Health (NIH)-funded HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN) and the multinational International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI), were responsible for providing internationally accredited clinical trial sites capable of conducting HIV vaccine trials, from earliest phase through to efficacy, to the highest international standards.
What does SAAVI stand for?
SAAVI stands for South African AIDS Vaccine Initiative
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SAAVI
- Southern African Association of Tourism Professionals (South Africa)
- Shanwick Automated Air Traffic System
- Spectrin Ankyrin Adapter Protein Tethering System
- San Antonio, Texas chapter of Americans United for Separation of Church and State (San Antonio, Texas)
- South African Agricultural Union
- South Australian Apple Users Club
- Sheltering Animals of Abuse Victims (Madison, WI)
- South African Assault Vest
- South Africans for the Abolition of Vivisection
- Sexual Assault and Anti-Violence Information (Utah State University; Logan, UT)
- Southern Arizona Association for the Visually Impaired (Tucson, AZ)
- South Asian Audiovisual Network (film distribution company; India)
- Security Aviation Audio and Video Surveillance
- Surrey Appropriate Adult Volunteer Scheme (Newdigate, Surrey, England, UK)
- South Asian American Voting Youth (Washington, DC)
- Students Against A Violent Youth
- Sexual Assault Awareness Week
- Society for the Advancement of Animal Wellbeing
- Society of Australian Ancients Wargamers
- Sport Association of Arab Women
Samples in periodicals archive:
HAVEG is funded by the South African AIDS Vaccine Initiative SAAVI).
The work of the HIV/AIDS Vaccines Ethics Group is funded by the South African AIDS Vaccine Initiative (SAAVI).
The trials represent a triumphant milestone for the South African AIDS Vaccine Initiative (SAAVI), established in 1999 as an MRC unit 'to co-ordinate the development of an affordable, effective and locally relevant HIV vaccine for southern Africa'.