In the 80s, Weiss became an advocate for his fellow songwriters as president of the Songwriters Guild of America.
What does SGA stand for?
SGA stands for Songwriters Guild of America
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SGA
We have 223 other meanings of SGA in our Acronym Attic
- Small Grant Application (various organizations)
- Small Group Activity
- Smart Growth Alliance (various locations)
- Smart Growth America
- Social Gender Associate
- Society for Geology Applied to Mineral Deposits
- Society of Golf Appraisers
- Soil Gas Analysis
- Solderable Grid Array
- Solicitation for Grant Applications
- Soul Glow Activatur (band)
- Southern Governors' Association
- Stack Gas Analyzer
- Stadium Give Away
- Standard Galactic Alphabet (Commander Keen game)
- Standard Gaussian Approximation
- Standard Genetic Algorithm
- Standards of Grade Authorization
- Stargate Alliance (gaming clans, Freelancer)
- Stargate Atlantis (TV show)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new service will be offered to both music publishers and online retailers and is designed to simplify the tracking and payment of licenses established as a result of yesterday's agreement between the Digital Media Association (DiMA), the National Music Publishers' Association (NMPA) the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI) and the Songwriters Guild of America (SGA).
This is greed in its purest form," stated Rick Carnes, president of the Songwriters Guild of America and co-chair of the Music Creators North America alliance.
BRUSSELS -- Songwriters Guild of America (SGA) President Rick Carnes announced today that the SGA would be seeking to join with ECSA, the European Composer and Songwriter Alliance.
Numerous other groups also filed amicus briefs, including the Motion Picture Association of America, AOL Time Warner, Symphonic and Concert Composers, Directors Guild of America, Nashville Songwriters Association International and Songwriters Guild of America.
Cisco, Microsoft, NBC Universal, Songwriters Guild of America, Verizon and Viacom.
American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, National Basketball Association, Songwriters Guild of America, and Amsong, Inc.
WASHINGTON -- Leaders of the Songwriters Guild of America (SGA) today announced their support of, and gratitude for, the hard work of Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, Senator Orin Hatch and Senator Chuck Grassley in their recent introduction of the PROTECT IP Act.