Octreotide scintigraphy can be useful in detecting the tumors that have rich somatostatin receptors (9,13,14) but the test is not definitive.
What does SSTR stand for?
SSTR stands for Somatostatin Receptor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSTR
We have 8 other meanings of SSTR in our Acronym Attic
- Streamlined Sales Tax Project (multi-state project to collect sales taxes on Internet purchases)
- Student Science Training Program
- Supervisory Skill Training Program
- Surgical/Shock Trauma Platoon (US Marines)
- System Supporting Test Plan
- Smart Source Trading Private Limited (Singapore)
- Senior Staff Technical Representative
- Silicon Sam's Technology Resource (website)
- Small Business Technology Transfer Program
- Solid State Track Recorder
- Stability, Security, Transition, and Reconstruction
- State Support Team Region 1 (Ohio)
- Salt Spring Therapeutic Riding Association (Canada)
- Students Together Reaching Instructional Diversity and Excellence (Florida State University)
- Security, Stability, Transition, and Reconstruction Operations
- Stabilization, Security, Transition, and Reconstruction Operation (US DoD)
- South Suburban Tax Reactivation Project (est. 2000; Illinois)
- Starship Troopers Roleplay (online gaming)
- Steam Stripping of Organics from Liquid Wastes
- Support Staff Time Reporting Plan
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a pilot study of five patients, the researchers demonstrated that their "antagonist", 111In-DOTA-BASS, outperformed the "agonist" agent, OctreoScan, that is widely used in the clinic to image neuroendocrine tumours bearing somatostatin receptors.
Internalisation upon ligand exposure is a major characteristic of the G-protein-coupled receptor family and some somatostatin receptor subtypes such as SSTR2a internalise particularly rapidly and efficiently (6).
Octreotide acetate is a synthetic somatostatin analogue that binds to somatostatin receptors on somatotroph tumors and inhibits GH synthesis and secretion.