In repeated experiments over five years, the researchers used a laboratory technique known as somatic cell nuclear transfer.
What does SCNT stand for?
SCNT stands for Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SCNT
We have 5 other meanings of SCNT in our Acronym Attic
- Secretaries' Committee on National Security (Attorney General's Department; Australia)
- Security Certified Network Specialist
- Self-Contained Navigation System
- Skate Canada Nova Scotia
- Southern Clinical Neurological Society (Gainesville, FL)
- State Committee for National Security (Tajikistan)
- Statewide Course Numbering System (est. 1960s; Florida Department of Education)
- Sociedade Civil Nossa Senhora Aparecida (Portugese: Sociedade Civil Nossa Senhora Aparecida)
- Scient Corp (stock symbol)
- Seminole Club of North Texas (sports fan group)
- Somatic Cell Nuclear Transplantation
- Sovereign Cherokee Nation Tejas (Fate, TX)
- Suez Canal Net Tonnage (Suez Canal Authority; Egypt)
- Swedish Centre for Nuclear Technology (Roslagstullsbacken, Sweden)
- Santa Cruz New Teacher Project (California)
- Sorry Could Not Understand
- South China Normal University (Guangzhou, China)
- Special Care Neonatal Unit (pediatrics)
- Scottish Centre for Nonviolence (UK)
- Servizio Civile Nazionale Volontario (Italian: National Civil Service Volunteer)
Samples in periodicals archive:
GJ (translation): Somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT) has been a proven practice since Dolly's birth.
The researchers, from the New York Stem Cell Foundation, used a cloning technology called somatic cell nuclear transfer to make embryonic stem cells that match patients' DNA.
The guidelines exclude Federal funding for work with any potential stem cell lines derived from cloned human embryos using the procedure known as somatic cell nuclear transfer.
An Australian ban on the research, known as therapeutic cloning or somatic cell nuclear transfer, was lifted in December 2006 after a rare conscience vote in the national parliament.
Using a technique called somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT), the Oregon-based researchers successfully removed the genetic material from a monkey's egg cells.
3) As a matter of fact, we do not know at this point which of the possible sources of disease-specific pluri-potent human stem cells--genetically screened IVF embryos, iPS cells, somatic cell nuclear transfer into enucleated oocytes, (4) or somatic cell chromosome transfer into zygotes and blastomeres that have had their own chromosomes removed (5)--will prove to be the best for clinical applications, all other things considered.