She added that on October 23 she was removed from the compound and taken to a solitary housing unit colloquially known as SHU and held there for a week.
What does SHU stand for?
SHU stands for Solitary Housing Unit
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SHU
We have 27 other meanings of SHU in our Acronym Attic
- Scoville Heat Unit
- Security Housing Unit (prison)
- Segregated Housing Unit (prison)
- Selective Hydrogenation Unit
- Seton Hall University (South Orange, New Jersey, USA; founded in 1856)
- Seton Hill University (Greensburg, Pennsylvania)
- Shanghai University
- Sheffield Hallam University (UK)
- Ships Head Up (type of marine radar display)
- Siena Heights University (Adrian, MI)
- Special Housing Unit (prison)
- Split-Horison Updates
- Syndrome Hémolytique et Urémique (French: Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome)
- Safe House for Unwanted Animals (UK)
- Show Up and Blow Up (paddle board)
- Shaughnessy Heights United Church (Canada)
- Shower Hook (portable shower head holder)
- Southwestern Hardwood Utilization Council
- Squirrel Hill Urban Coalition (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Stord/Haugesund University College (Norway)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The court held that the officials' decision to place the inmate in a solitary housing unit for seven hours during the ceremony due to the security risk the inmate posed to the cardinal was reasonable and did not violate the inmate's due process rights.
The court found that a corrections department policy that required all inmates being admitted to a solitary housing unit (SHU) to undergo a strip frisk search to assure they had no contraband was reasonable and did not violate the inmate's Fourth Amendment right to be free from unreasonable searches.