Massive amounts of heat are absorbed by the solid-to-liquid phase change when ice melts, and recent observations have shown a striking reduction of ice thickness.
What does S/L stand for?
S/L stands for Solid-to-Liquid (ratio)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of S/L
We have 139 other meanings of S/L in our Acronym Attic
- State/Industry-University Cooperative Research Centers (US National Science Foundation program)
- Subject (police reports)
- Skills And/Or Knowledge
- should know that
- Sales-Ledger (accounting)
- Save and Load (cargo)
- Short and Long (Canada Post)
- Sick Leave (USACE)
- Silver Lining (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the process, Haberland says, the clusters shunt energy, including that from a laser, to the solid-to-liquid transitions.