The author, utilizing letters, newspaper accounts, and diaries, depicts how the war affected every element of the city, from politics to the economy, anti-foreign sentiments to patriotic parades, the birth of the city's social welfare services--and the continuous sacrifices from Winnipeg residents in support of their soldiers at war.
What does SAW stand for?
SAW stands for Soldiers at War (gaming)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of SAW
We have 161 other meanings of SAW in our Acronym Attic
- Service Acquisition Workshop (government service contracts)
- Sexually Aggressive Women
- Siblings Are Watching (chat)
- Siebel Analytics Web
- Signal Aircraft Warning
- Situation Awareness
- Social Aspects of the Web (Workshop)
- Software Architecture Workshop
- Software Audio Workshop
- Solar Array Wing
Samples in periodicals archive:
As the dig progressed, details of the lives of soldiers at war emerged: a corroded can of corn beef, a bullet-ridden water canteen, a whisky flask and wine bottles.
U21 2004-021138 0-8018-8166-8 Trained to kill; soldiers at war.