Optimizing the solar water disinfection (SODIS) method by decreasing turbidity with NaCI.
What does SODIS stand for?
SODIS stands for Solar Water Disinfection
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SODIS
- SDMX (Statistical Data and Metadata Exchange) Open Data Interchange (EU)
- Solidarity Service International
- Southern Ohio Diversification Initiative (Piketon, OH)
- superoxide dismutase (gene)
- Service-Oriented Data Integration Architecture
- Sociedad Dominicana de Investigadores Agropecuarios y Forestales
- Six of October Development and Investment Co. (Egypt)
- Standard Operational Data Item Manual (Western Range, Range Control and Display Handbook)
- Small Outline Dual In-line Memory Module(s)
- Software Development Impact Statement
- Service-Oriented Development in a Unified Framework (project; various locations)
- Simple Object Definition Language
- Skewless Optical Data Link
- School of Dental Medicine (various schools)
- Sons of Dark Magicians (gaming guild)
- Staatstoezicht Op De Mijnen (Dutch: State Supervision of Mines; The Hague, The Netherlands)
- Social Development Network (Kenya)
- Senior Offensive Duty Officer (Air Operations Center)
- Senior Operations Duty Officer
- South of Downtown
Samples in periodicals archive:
Speaking at a briefing about Solar Water Disinfection (SODIS), organized by the Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI), the minister said that contaminated drinking water was causing fatal diseases like diarrhoea, cholera, typhoid, hepatitis A & E, so citizens should use only treated water and always adopt basic principles of hygiene to remain healthy and active.
Mome Saleem, Research Associate, Sustainable Development Policy Institute, said that Solar Water Disinfection (SODIS) technology was absolutely free especially in countries with high temperatures whereas other methods are good but have substantive costs.