The same approach was advocated earlier by NASA's Solar System Exploration Committee for planetary flights, but missions using the first such standardized design have yet to win dudget approval from the White House and Congress.
What does SSEC stand for?
SSEC stands for Solar System Exploration Committee (NASA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSEC
We have 22 other meanings of SSEC in our Acronym Attic
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Composite (index; China)
- Shantilal Shah Engineering College
- Shirdi Sai Engineering College (India)
- Singapore Standard Educational Classification (Singapore)
- Singlespeed European Championship (bicycle race)
- Sinopec Shanghai Engineering Company Limited (China)
- SKA (Square Kilometre Array) Science and Engineering Committee
- Small Signal Equivalent Circuit
- Society for the Study of Early China
- Society for the Study of Early Christianity (Australia)
- Solid State Electronics Center (Honeywell)
- Solid State Equipment Corporation (Horsham, PA)
- Sound Surveillance Evaluation Center
- Source Selection Evaluation Committee
- South Sea Evangelical Church (Solomon Islands)
- South Shore Educational Collaborative (Hingham, MA)
- Southern Most Branch of the South Equatorial Current
- Southern Solar Energy Center
- Southwest Systems Engineering Corporation (est. 1991; Sierra Vista, AZ)
- Space Science and Engineering Center (University of Wisconsin-Madison Graduate School)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Finally, in 1984, a go-ahead was given to a project called the Mars Observer, one of the highest priorities of the NASA-chartered Solar System Exploration Committee (SSEC) and foremost on an SSEC-proposed list of missions for a new generation of interplanetary spacecraft.
But more than that, CRAF is the next item in the plan proposed by the NASA-chartered Solar System Exploration Committee (SSEC).