The instrument they used - the Solar Mass Ejection Imager - was developed by a team led by astrophysicist Bernard Jackson at the Center for Astrophysics and Space Sciences at the University of California, San Diego, to study the sun.
What does SMEI stand for?
SMEI stands for Solar Mass Ejection Imager (joint research project)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SMEI
We have 10 other meanings of SMEI in our Acronym Attic
- Smalterie Metallurgiche Emiliane Guastalla (Italian: Guastalla Metal Enamelling Factory; appliance manufacturer; Guastalla, Italy)
- Société Monégasque de l'Electricité et du Gaz
- Subject Matter Expert Group
- Supercomputing Methods Experimental Group (UK)
- Southwestern Michigan Economic Growth Alliance, Inc. (Niles, MI)
- Synchronous Multiple Early Gastric Cancer
- Sales & Marketing Executives, International (New York nonprofit)
- Severe Myoclonic Epilepsy of Infancy
- Simplicity Matters Earth Institute (Keedysville, MD)
- Small/Medium Enterprise Initiative
- Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Systems Management Engineering, Inc. (est. 1997; Reston, VA)
- Sony Music Entertainment Japan
- Sand Mobility Enhancement Kit (US Army)
- Short Message Encryption Key
- School of Modern European Languages (University of Durham; UK)
- Sequential Minimization of Entropy Loss (biophysical chemistry)
- Servicing Mission Equipment List
- Single and Multi-Engine Land (airplanes)
- Some Modest Extensible Language