The STS-119 flight delivered the space station's fourth and final set of solar array wings, completing the station's truss, or backbone.
What does SAW stand for?
SAW stands for Solar Array Wing
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAW
We have 161 other meanings of SAW in our Acronym Attic
- Semiautomatic Assault Weapon
- Service Acquisition Workshop (government service contracts)
- Sexually Aggressive Women
- Siblings Are Watching (chat)
- Siebel Analytics Web
- Signal Aircraft Warning
- Situation Awareness
- Social Aspects of the Web (Workshop)
- Software Architecture Workshop
- Software Audio Workshop
Samples in periodicals archive:
solar array wings tracking the sun through each orbit of the Earth.
Power: Two deployed three-panel solar array wings supplying approximately 2,400 watts.
Byline: ANI Washington, March 16 (ANI): Space shuttle Discovery and its seven-member crew have lifted off from NASA's Kennedy Space Center on March 15th to deliver the final set of power-generating solar array wings and a new crew member to the International Space Station (ISS).