The data showing what metals are present in fly ash and bottom ash were then evaluated using scientifically accepted methods for determining human health risks and compared to EPA-established residential soil screening levels.
What does SSL stand for?
SSL stands for Soil Screening Level(s) (US EPA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSL
We have 270 other meanings of SSL in our Acronym Attic
- Single Straight Line
- Single Stuck Line (type of test pattern model)
- Sisters of St. Louis (Catholic organization)
- Small Size League (RoboCup)
- Social Services Law
- Societá Sportiva Lazio (Italian sports club)
- Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate (food grade emulsifier)
- Software Solutions Laboratory
- Software Support Laboratory
- Software Systems, LLC (Oman)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To properly assess metal health hazard in soils, several sample preparation methods have been evaluated in the past to calculate soil screening levels for the soil-plant-human pathways.
Soil concentrations are not strictly regulated by the EPA, but rather are subject to soil screening levels.