Plant roots compress the soil around them and, hence, increase the local value of soil bulk density as they push through the soil (Dexter 1987; Bruand et al.
What does SBD stand for?
SBD stands for Soil Bulk Density
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SBD
We have 120 other meanings of SBD in our Acronym Attic
- Silent But Deadly
- Simulation Based Design
- Sliding Block-Decodable
- Sliding-Block Decoder
- Small Business Development
- Small Business Division
- SmallBusinessDepot, Inc.
- Smart Battery Data (Duracell & Intel)
- Smart Border Declaration (US and Canada)
- Snooze Button Dreams
- Sold By Design
- Solomon Islands Dollar (ISO currency code)
- South Beach Diet
- Space Bitmap Descriptor (OSTA universal disk format)
- Special Billing Data Gathering (Sprint)
- Squat Bench Deadlift (weights)
- Standard Bidding Document (contracts)
- Stanley Black & Decker (New Britain, CT)
- State Budget Department
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FIGURE 4 OMITTED] Soil bulk density did not depend on moisture.
Abstract A mechanized harvesting system consisting of a feller-buncher and a grapple skidder was examined to quantify soil bulk density changes in a central Appalachian hardwood forest site.
Froehlich HA, Miles DWR and Robbins RW: Soil Bulk Density Recovery on Compacted Skid Trails in Central Idaho.
The spatial distributions of soil bulk density and water and air contents were studied at Lincoln University's Living Laboratory.
These forces (animal, human foot or vehicle traffic) can increase soil bulk density and reduce macropore space.
Naturally produced nitrate N depends largely on five factors: soil clay content, soil bulk density, soil pH, soil temperature and rainfall.