The ATC has a 47-year-long heritage of spaceborne solar instruments including the Soft X-ray Telescope on the Japanese Yohkoh satellite, the Michelson Doppler Imager on the ESA/NASA Solar and Heliospheric Observatory, the solar telescope on NASA's Transition Region and Coronal Explorer, the Solar X-ray Imager on the GOES-N and O environmental satellites, the Focal Plane Package on Hinode and an Extreme Ultraviolet Imager on each of the two spacecraft in NASA's Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory.
What does SXT stand for?
SXT stands for Soft X-Ray Telescope
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SXT
We have 4 other meanings of SXT in our Acronym Attic
- St. Xavier's School (India)
- Step-by-Step Switch (telecommunications)
- Symptoms (medical shorthand)
- Syndrome X Score
- St. Xavier's Social Service Society (India)
- Synchrotron X-Ray Scanning Tunneling Microscopy
- South By Southwest, Inc. (Texas music festival)
- Science Cross-Talk
- Sensient Technologies Corp (stock symbol)
- Sensitivity Test (used to distinguish Group A and B beta-hemolytic streptococci)
- Solar X-Ray Telescope (Launched in 1991 as a part of the Japanese Yokoh satellite)
- Sony Xperia Tablet
- Supreme Expansion Technology (ammunition)
- Satellite X-Ray Test Facility
- Saint Xavier University (Chicago, Illinois)
- Satellite Communication Transit Exchange Unit
- Shanxi University of Finance and Economics (Shanxi, China)
- Saskatoon Xtreme Underground Wrestling (Canada)
- Super Extended Video Graphics Array (video display)
Samples in periodicals archive:
325 QB521 With a planned launch date in the summer of 2006, the Solar-B satellite will use its 50cm-diameter optical telescope with a focal plane package, grazing-incidence soft X-ray telescope, and EUV imaging spectrometer to observe the solar atmosphere.