The ATC has a 47-year-long heritage of spaceborne solar instruments including the Soft X-ray Telescope on the Japanese Yohkoh satellite, the Michelson Doppler Imager on the ESA/NASA Solar and Heliospheric Observatory, the solar telescope on NASA's Transition Region and Coronal Explorer, the Solar X-ray Imager on the GOES-N and O environmental satellites, the Focal Plane Package on Hinode and an Extreme Ultraviolet Imager on each of the two spacecraft in NASA's Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory.
What does SXRT stand for?
SXRT stands for Soft X-Ray Telescope
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SXRT
- Silicon Crystal Reflexive Display
- Silicon X-Tal Reflective Display (Sony)
- Soft X-Ray Detector
- Surface X-Ray Diffraction (materials analysis method)
- Synchrotron X-ray Fluorescence
- Synchrotron X-ray Fluorescence Microprobe
- Synchrotron X-ray Fluorescence Micro-Analysis
- Soft X-Ray Microcharacterization Beamline (physics)
- Stellar X-Ray Polarimeter
- Synchrotron X-Ray Powder Diffraction (materials research tool)
Samples in periodicals archive:
325 QB521 With a planned launch date in the summer of 2006, the Solar-B satellite will use its 50cm-diameter optical telescope with a focal plane package, grazing-incidence soft X-ray telescope, and EUV imaging spectrometer to observe the solar atmosphere.