[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Diagram of client-server socket connection via xinetd.
What does SOCK stand for?
SOCK stands for Socket Connection (computer networks)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SOCK
We have 5 other meanings of SOCK in our Acronym Attic
- School of Computer and Information Sciences (India)
- Society of Computing & Information Science
- Summer of Code In Space (European Space Agency)
- Cistercians of the Common Observance (religious order)
- System/Observer/Controller Identification Toolbox
- Society of Information Technology Managers (UK)
- Società Italiana di Traumatologia della Strada (Italian Society of Road Traumatology)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Journal
- Seven Owners Club of Japan
- Save Our CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company) Kamloops (Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada)
- Strike Out Cancer in Kids (Maine)
- Support Our Capuchin Kitchen (fundraising event; Michigan)
- Student Oriented Comprehensive Knowledge Enhancement Technique
- Special Operations Command Korea
- Serving Our Community with Kindness in Springwood (Springwood, Gaston County, NC)
- Sock-Et-S (networking proxy protocol)
- Windows Sockets (Winsock)
- Save Our Civil Liberties
- School of Christian Living
- Securicor Omega Container Logistics (transport; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These rarely have watertight joints, relying instead on simple spigot and socket connections and gravity.
This GCN notification is received through a socket connection to the control computer on site.
By Dan Jones Advanced Micro Devices Inc faces its toughest challenge yet with the introduction of the K7 processor - it has to persuade major motherboard and chipset manufacturers to support its 'Slot A' chip-to-motherboard connection - not only that, but industry sources suggest that the company may be planning to introduce a new socket connection for the chip by the second half of this year.
Quick camera setup is accomplished through a built-in jack socket connection for a portable monitor.