The candidates usually mentioned are the sociology of scientific knowledge (SSK), social studies of science, or social epistemology.
What does SSK stand for?
SSK stands for Sociology of Scientific Knowledge
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSK
We have 56 other meanings of SSK in our Acronym Attic
- Sainik School Korukonda (India)
- Seitenschwimmkörper (German: Side Float)
- Self-Service Kiosk (vending machine)
- Semi Skilled (India)
- Shmirat Shabbat Kehilchata (Hebrew book)
- Shoot, Stab, Kill
- Short Shift Kit (vehicles)
- Single Shot Kill (gaming community)
- Single Strand Knot (hair care)
- Slip, Slip, Knit (knitting)
- Södertälje Sport Klubb (Sweden)
- Soft Sweet Kiss
- Sosyal Sigortalar Kurumu
- South Staffs Karate
- Space-Shift Keying (wireless systems)
- Spastics Society of Karnataka (India)
- Strahlenschutzkommission (German: radiation protection commission )
- Structural Sketch (engineering)
- Sub Surface Killer (submarine)
- Synagogue Survival Kit (book)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Extending the lessons of Quine and Kuhn, one sees the initial formation of the two main camps of social epistemology: (1) The "cognitive camp" following Quine and generally practiced in academic philosophy; and (2) The "social camp" following Kuhn and generally practiced in the Sociology of Scientific Knowledge and in Science and Technology Studies.
of Amsterdam, the Netherlands) has organized the 71 articles such that early papers engage similar concerns raised in the earlier collection, including the Popper-Lakatos methodology of scientific research program, the rhetoric and discourse approach to methodology, realism, the sociology of scientific knowledge, and constructivism.