Glen Mayhall point out in a position paper published by the Society for Hospital Epidemiology of America in 1992, "There is no scientific evidence that medical waste has ever been the source of infection for any person outside the healthcare setting and there is no evidence that a waste industry worker has ever contracted an infection from medical waste.
What does SHEA stand for?
SHEA stands for Society for Hospital Epidemiology of America (est. 1980; Arlington, VA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SHEA
We have 8 other meanings of SHEA in our Acronym Attic
- Subretinal Hyperreflective Exudation (eye health)
- Succinct, Honest, and Engaging (interview method)
- Super Head End
- Super Heavy Element
- Supercritical Helium
- Syrian Hamster Embryo (mutagenics)
- System Hydrologique European
- Safety, Health, and Environmental Affairs
- Saskatchewan Healthcare Excellence Award (Canada)
- Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America
- South Hampshire Enterprise Agency (now Enterprise First; UK)
- State Health Expenditure Account
- Shuttle High Energy Astrophysics Laboratory
- Safety, Health & Environmental Action Monitoring System
- Save Hurlstone's Educational Agricultural Property (Sydney, Australia)
- Scripted Handler of the Ericsson Accessory Protocol (Scripting language for the Ericsson Accessory protocol)
- Society for the History of the Early American Republic (Canada)
- Safety, Health and Environmental Board (US NASA)
- SHARPPP Electronics Box
- Ship Evacuation Behaviour Assessment Facility