It has attracted both more government attention (eg Social Work Services Inspectorate [SWSI], 1992; Scottish Institute for Residential Child Care [SIRCC], 2010) and funding.
What does SWSI stand for?
SWSI stands for Social Work Services Inspectorate (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SWSI
We have 11 other meanings of SWSI in our Acronym Attic
- Still Water Shear Force (ships)
- Subsurface Waste Storage Facility
- South Wales Sea Fisheries Committee (UK)
- Stimulated Whole Salivary Flow Rate
- Social Work Services Group (Scotland, UK)
- Strong Women, Strong Girls (various locations)
- Standardized Weak-Sense Hadamard
- Safe-Waste Systems, Inc. (waste management)
- Semantic Web Services Initiative (academic and industrial research colloquium)
- Single Width Single Inlet (fan)
- Statewide Water Supply Initiative (Colorado)
- Surface Water Supply Index (various locations)
- Severly Warped Shadow Knights (gaming clan)
- Save Water Save Lives (clean water; various locations)
- Semantic Web Service Language
- Shaking with Silent Laughter (Internet slang)
- Supplemental Weather Service Location
- Synthetic Workload Specification Language (computing)
- Social Work Statistics Liaison Group (Scotland, UK)
- Social Web Search and Mining (workshop)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Scotland's Justice Minister, Cathy Jamieson, said she has asked the country's social work services inspectorate to investigate how the case was handled by North Lanarkshire Council.
The reports by the Social Work Services Inspectorate and the Mental Welfare Commission made 42 recommendations for authorities to follow up.