To jump start the research enterprise, between 1993 and 2000, eight Social Work Research Development Centers were funded by NIMH, and the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) subsequently funded seven five-year research infrastructure programs.
What does SWRD stand for?
SWRD stands for Social Work Research Development
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SWRD
We have 4 other meanings of SWRD in our Acronym Attic
- Second Wind Running Club (Illinois)
- Sleep/Wake Research Centre (New Zealand)
- South West Reference Corner (geography)
- South Western Road Club (cycling club; London, UK)
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (game)
- Steering Wheel Remote Control (automotive electronics)
- Soil and Water Resources Conservation Act of 1977
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Shoreham Wading River Central School District
- Single Wire Return Device
- Software Requirements Document
- Solid Waste and Recycling Department (various locations)
- Solomon West Ridgeway Dias Bandaranaike (former prime minister; Sri Lanka)
- Still Waters Run Deep
- South West Regional Development Agency (UK)
- South West Rocks Dive Centre (Australia)
- Southwest Washington Regional Data Center (Vancouver, WA)
- Social Work Research and Development Unit (University of York; UK)
- School of Water Resources Engineering (Jadavpur University; Calcutta, India)
- South West Regional Event
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 1993, that school's Center for Mental Health Services Research (CMHSR) received funding from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) as a Social Work Research Development Center (R24 MH50857), with a renewal in 1999 for five more years of support.
KEY WORDS: federal funding; infrastructure; interdisciplinary collaboration; investigator-initiated research; mentoring ********** In November 1999 the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) released a Request for Application (RFA) for Social Work Research Development Programs in Substance Abuse, PAR-00-008.