The Republican plan would eliminate Social Services Block Grants, a $1.
What does SSBG stand for?
SSBG stands for Social Services Block Grant (funds states, etc. for provision of social services)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SSBG
We have 3 other meanings of SSBG in our Acronym Attic
- Signal Structure Beamformer
- Specific Splenic Blood-Flow
- Stichting Samenwerkende Bibliotheken Flevoland (Dutch: Flevoland Cooperating Libraries Foundation; Flevoland, Netherlands)
- Super Smash Brothers Flash
- Survey of Small Business Finances (US Federal Reserve Board)
- Samuel and Saidye Bronfman Family Foundation
- Scalable Sustainable Business Growth (New Zealand)
- Sex Steroid Binding Globulin
- Shigella Sonnei Biotype G (infectious bacterium)
- Sinner Saved by Grace (song)
- Steady State Blood Glucose
- Super Special Beta Group (Joost)
- Small Scale Ball Grid Array (integrated circuit package type)
- Salomon Smith Barney Holdings, inc
- Salomon Smith Barney Inc. (bank)
- Self Service Business Intelligence (data analytics)
- Single Scope Background Investigation
- Single-Wire Serial Bus Interface
- Species-Specific Biological Information
- Stichting Stimulering Bedrijfsmatig Imkeren (Dutch: Commercial Beekeeper Development Foundation; Gorinchem, Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
States that do not meet this requirement would lose a portion of their Social Services Block Grant allotments.
The cuts would also include significant drops in funding for Medicare and Medicaid, as well as a cut of $500 million, or 30 percent, in 2007 to the Social Services Block Grant program, which provides funding to states for social services for low-income and other vulnerable populations.
Title XX of the Social Security Act, which created the Social Services Block Grant, sets out to: (1) achieve or maintain economic self-support to prevent, reduce, or eliminate dependency; and (2) achieve or maintain self-sufficiency, including reduction or prevention of dependency (House Committee on Ways and Means, 2003, section 10-6).
But funding from the Older Americans Act, the Social Services block grant, and senior housing programs has been frozen for years.
Increase Social Services Block Grants (SSBG) funding to $2.
She is satisfied with the tax deductions and the Social Services Block Grant funding.