Holes in the Safety Net Some of your clients believe that if they become disabled they can take advantage of the Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) program, but the news there is even worse.
What does SSDI stand for?
SSDI stands for Social Security Disability Income (common, but incorrect)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SSDI
We have 30 other meanings of SSDI in our Acronym Attic
- Space Station Door Gunner (gaming)
- System Software Development Group (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing; India)
- Stay Sexy Don’t Get Murdered
- Subareolar Sclerosing Duct Hyperplasia
- South Shore District Health Authority (Canada)
- Sequoia School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (Arizona)
- Society of State Directors of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation (est. 1926; Reston, VA)
- Sharp Software Development India Pvt. Ltd. (est. 1999)
- Ship System Definition & Index
- Social Security Death Index
- Social Security Disability Insurance
- Solid State Devices, Inc. (California)
- Supplemental Security Disability Income
- Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits
- Spacecraft Systems Development and Integration Facility (NASA)
- Server Software Development Kit
- Solution Software Developer Kit (Symantec)
- Secondary Standards Dosimetry Laboratory (network)
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle (Microsoft)
- Single-Side, Dual-Layer (digital versatile disc)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, Uncle Sam doesn't allow more than $2,000 in their names--otherwise, the government could freeze benefits such as Medicaid, Medicare or Social Security Disability Income.
Because of their "disabilities," they get Social Security Disability Income.
The Texas Council on Offenders With Mental Illness developed a prerelease agreement with SSA that allows its social workers to submit applications for supplemental security income and social security disability income for all offenders with special needs who are within 90 days of being released.
For example, Rumrill discusses that it is challenging for persons with MS to seek employment because Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) and Social Security Insurance (SSI) benefits are likely to be terminated once the individual obtains employment.
6 percent of Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) payments, the largest disease category for both types of payments.