There are three measures that are predominantly used for assessing social anxiety in children and adolescents: the Social Anxiety Scale for Children-Revised (SASC-R; La Greca & Stone, 1993), the Social Phobia and Anxiety Inventory for Children (SPAI-C; Beidel, Turner, & Morris, 1995) and the Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale for Children and Adolescents (LSAS-CA; Masia-Warner, Klein, & Liebowitz, 2002), all of which originated in the Englishspeaking world.
What does SPAI-C stand for?
SPAI-C stands for Social Phobia and Anxiety Inventory for Children (psychometric evaluation)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Spacelab Payload Accommodation Handbook (US NASA)
- School of Pharmacy and Health Professions (Creighton University; Omaha, NE)
- Screen Printers Association International
- Service Provider Access Interface
- Servizio Polifunzionale Per l'Adozione Internazionale (Italian adoption agency)
- Social Phobia and Anxiety Inventory (assessment)
- Spain, Portugal, Africa, Israel (region)
- Sparse Approximate Inverse
- Stability Pact Anti-Corruption Initiative
- Soluble Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Type 1
- Single Pass Air Drop (US Air Force)
- Society for the Prevention of Asbestosis and Industrial Diseases (United Kingdom)
- Södertäljepojkarnas Allmänna Idrottsförening (Swedish ice-hockey club)
- solid-phase antibody adsorption
- Space Applications Integration Facility
- Small Payload Accomodations Interface Module (software; Forth, Inc.)
- Social Policy Ageing Information Network (UK)
- Site Planning and Architectural Integration Programmes (Canada)
- Short-Scar Periareolar Inferior Pedicle Reduction (breast surgery)
- Simple Pull Apart Insertable Replacement (speaker part; trademark of Kicker Benelux)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Social Phobia and Anxiety Inventory for Children is a 26-item self-reported inventory for children and adolescents aged 8-17 years.
The Social Phobia and Anxiety Inventory for Children.