The Chancellor is under pressure to target other tipples, including cheap but powerful lagers - but social drinkers do have some support.
What does S/D stand for?
S/D stands for Social Drinker
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of S/D
We have 158 other meanings of S/D in our Acronym Attic
- Signal Conditioning Enclosure
- Signal to C-Notched Noise (Sprint)
- Space-Based Global Change Observing System
- Chief of Protocol
- Office of the Secretary of State/Office of the Coordinator for Reconstruction and Stabilization (US State Department)
- Department of State Office of the Coordinator for Counterterrorism
- Same Difference
- Shifta/Deband (gaming)
- Sight Draft
Samples in periodicals archive:
ocfoG So, stunning singer, GSOH, occasional social drinker, seeks man for fun and maybe love.
In the study, 20 social drinkers watched an animated movie while eating a snack.
It is easy to see how people who start off as social drinkers end up using it as a crutch.
Mrs Small added that she was not bothered too much by the increase in alcohol tax as she was mainly a social drinker and it could deter binge-drinking, something that causes casualty departments to be overrun with people injured or affected by alcohol.
He said: "We're treating people who most regard as heavy social drinkers.