Infante COLUMN: TEN THINGS TO DO Last year's Record Store Day shindig at That's Entertainment was enough to make me regret no longer owning a record player as I pawed old vinyl albums by Social Distortion, Prince, Talking Heads, The Ramones and lots of other things I owned in that format back in the day.
What does SXDX stand for?
SXDX stands for Social Distortion (band)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Silicon Xtal Corporation (San Jose, CA)
- Simple XML (Extensible Markup Language) Compiler (computing)
- Solo Cross-Country (flight shorthand)
- SONET Cross Connect (Cisco)
- Sony Xperia C (mobile phone)
- Sun Xml Calc (OpenOffice.org spreadsheet document)
- Systems Xcellence, Inc.
- Solaris Express Developer Edition
- Source eXtrem of Dragon-Team
- Safe Execution Environment (Qtopia software)
- STAF (Software Testing Automation Framework) Execution Engine (computing)
- Stanley, Inc (stock symbol)
- Straight Edge
- Sony Xperia E1
- Soft X-Ray Emission Spectroscopy
- Solvent Extraction and Electrowinning (copper mining)
- Berlin, Germany - Schoenefeld (Airport Code)
- Soft X-Ray Fluorescence (spectroscopy)
- Southeast Xterra Frontier Club
Samples in periodicals archive:
Coachella is unique in that the same lineup is repeated on both weekends of the festival, Joining the headliners at the top of the bill will be Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse, Lou Reed, Jurassic 5, Grinderman, The xx, The Postal Service, Sigur Ros, New Order, Hot Chip, Grizzly Bear, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Social Distortion and Wu-Tang Clan.
It has come to a point where we can no longer ignore the effects of social distortions caused by the set of deregulations and structural reforms,'' Aso said at a press conference, citing issues such as income disparities as well as large-scale layoffs of dispatched workers.
Out near Veneta, people will be leaving the Oregon Country Fair while others are trying to go to the Social Distortion show at Secret House Vineyard.
With his full-sleeve tattoos on both arms, pierced lip, expander earrings, and beat-up leather jacket and jeans, Jay Bakker looks more like a roadie for his favorite band, Social Distortion, than a preacher of God.