They're everywhere, but your best watch-spot might be the outcrop at Pelican Point, where April through July you'll peep great blue herons, snowy egrets, and pelicans.
What does SE stand for?
SE stands for Snowy Egret (bird)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SE
We have 106 other meanings of SE in our Acronym Attic
- Silver Edition (model)
- Single End
- Single Engine
- Single Event (radiation effect)
- Single-Ended, Cyclindrical Boiler (US Navy)
- Singles Encounter
- Situs Est (Latin: It Is Located; epigraphy)
- Slovenské Elektrárne (Slovak: Slovak Power Plants; est. 2002; Slovakia)
- Small Eagles (Egypt)
- Snake Eater (gaming)
- Social Engineering (computers)
- Societas Eruditorum (Latin: People at the Place of Learning)
- Societas Europaea (European public limited-liability company)
- Society and Environment (school subject)
- Software Engineering
- Software Evolvability (IEEE International Workshop)
- Solid Edge (3D solid modeling CAD software)
- Solvent Extraction
- Somatic Experiencing (mental health)
- Son Excellence (French: His Excellency)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In their travels the Blues see snowy egrets, great blue herons, laughing gulls, roseate terns, Atlantic puffins, American oystercatchers, magnificent frigate birds, sandpipers, Brandt's cormorant, brown pelicans, winter wrens, thick-billed immures, and common loons.
At the weekend, Wirral's twitching community exploded with talk of a Snowy Egret sighting which, if confirmed, would make it only the second time the American bird has been sighted in the UK.
The center takes in all marine birds, including snowy egrets, black-crowned night-herons and mallards.
The boys were also fortunate to see firsthand the natural wonders of the river as it is home to families of eagles, snowy egrets, blue herons, deer and black bear.
Once an island, remote and alone, covered by myrtle and live oak with a seasoning of palmetto trees and a fringe of sea oats and marsh grass populated by white tail deer, raccoons, and snowy egrets, it is now transformed into a profitable resort, a haven of golf carts.