Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome (SLOS)  is a serious disorder associated with dysmorphology and mental retardation.
What does SLOS stand for?
SLOS stands for Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SLOS
We have 14 other meanings of SLOS in our Acronym Attic
- second line of response
- Single Line Offset Riser
- Standard Letter of Recommendation
- Stichting Lokale Omroep Rotterdam (Dutch: Rotterdam Local Broadcasting Foundation; Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Successive Line Over-Relaxation (mathematics)
- Swept Local Oscillator Receiver
- State Law and Order Restoration Council
- San Luis Obispo Regional Transit Authority (San Luis Obispo, CA)
- Section Loss of Signal (computer programming)
- Single Line of Sight
- Standard Levels of Service
- Sub Level Open Stoping
- SuSE (Gesellschaft für Software-und Systementwicklung) Linux Office Server
- San Luis Obispo Soaring Association (San Luis Obispo, CA)
- San Luis Obispo Sportsmen's Association (San Luis Obispo, CA)
- San Luis Obispo Soccer Club (California)
- San Luis Obispo Senior High (California)
- Sea, Lake & Overland Surge From Hurricane (program)
- Swedish Longitudinal Occupational Survey of Health (est. 2006)
- Single Large or Several Small (conservation biology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Diagnosis of smith-lemli-opitz syndrome from stored filter paper blood specimens.
Doctors who were treating her told her mum Anita, 18, that the condition Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome (SLOS) meant she only had two weeks to live.
com 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 Reye Syndrome See: Medium-Chain Acyl-CoA Dehydrogenase Deficiency (MCAD) Ring Chromosome 18 See: Chromosome 18 & 13 Disorders RSH Syndrome See: Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome Rubinstein-Taybi Syndrome Rubinstein-Taybi Parent Group c/o Lorrie Baxter PO Box 146 Smith Center, KS 66967 (913) 697-2984 1,2,4,6,10 Russell-Silver Syndrome See also: Growth Disorders, Short Stature Association for Children with Russell-Silver Syndrome 22 Hoyt St Madison, NJ 07940 (201) 377-4531 (201) 822-2715 (fax) [envelop] mzacrss@aol.
1]H-NMR spectroscopy has been applied successfully in the diagnosis of the Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome (SLOS) (10, 11).
They also want to know about the risk of Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome, which affects one of their siblings.
A recently published screening algorithm for Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome (a disorder of cholesterol biosynthesis) relies on the finding of an isolated low uE3 concentration in the presence of AFP and hCG concentrations close to their respective median values (6).