In the first PCR (nest 1) amplification, Plasmodium genus-specific primers were used for small subunit rRNA (SSU rRNA) gene of Plasmodium species.
What does SSU stand for?
SSU stands for Small Subunit
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of SSU
We have 111 other meanings of SSU in our Acronym Attic
- Security Service of Ukraine
- Sequential Shunt Unit
- Services & Support Unit
- Session Support Utility
- Shared Services Unit
- Shawnee State University (Ohio)
- Shift Start-Up (various organizations)
- Ship Support Unit (US Navy)
- Sight Survey Unit (target/sighting, military helicopter)
- Single Subscriber Unit
- Société Suisse d'Urologie (French: Swiss Society of Urology; Switzerland; est. 1994)
- Software Size Unit
- Sonoma State University
- Soongsil University (South Korea)
- Southampton Solent University (UK)
- Special Services Unit
- Squadron Service Unit (US DoD)
- Staff Support Unit
- State Sites Unit (Illinois Environmental Protection Agency)
- Strategic Services Unit (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Analysis of the small subunit rRNA gene spanning 797 bp of DNA from microsporidial spores isolated from this patient showed a novel sequence (GenBank accession no.
Two primers, which are specific to the small subunit of human ribosomal gene, were used as a positive amplification control in each sample to prevent false negatives in the SnM-PCR (11).
Nucleic acid fragments, both the acetolactate synthase (ahas) large subunit and the ahas small subunit, were found to provide herbicide resistance.
Keywords: Phylogenetics, arachnids, Acari, gene inserts ********** The small subunit ribosomal RNA, or 18S rRNA, is one of a small set of commonly used sequences for molecular phylogenetic reconstruction of arthropod relationships (reviewed in Caterino et al.
The most reliable taxonomic placements of isolates are obtained by amplification and sequencing of the nuclear small subunit rDNA and mitochondrial rRNA as described in White et al.
Bacteria were also grown on nitrogen-free marine media and identified by sequencing the small subunit 16s rDNA.