Research by Professor Pooran Wynarczyk of Newcastle University's Small Enterprise Research Unit found that women in careers such as science and technology still face major barriers to success and are underrepresented in the North-East.
What does SERU stand for?
SERU stands for Small Enterprise Research Unit (Newcastle University; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SERU
We have 2 other meanings of SERU in our Acronym Attic
- Southeastern Regional Taxonomic Center (Charleston, SC)
- Satisfactory Evidence Received This Headquarters
- Southern European Road Telematics Implementation
- Service To Mankind
- South East Rural Towns Partnership (UK)
- Screaming Eagle Replacement Training School (Vietnam)
- Software Engineering for Real-Time Systems Laboratory
- Solar Extreme-Ultraviolet Rocket Telescope and Spectrograph
- Shared E-Resource Understanding
- Shared Electronic Resource Understanding (license agreement)
- Special Education Resource Unit (Department of Education and Children's Services; Australia)
- Support and Evaluation Resource Unit (Australia; health care)
- Action pour la Promotion de la contribution active de la femme rwandaise au développement de son pays
- Software Engineering Risk: Understanding & Management
- School Emergency Response to Violence (US Department of Education)
- Service by Emergency Rider Volunteers (bike service; UK)
- Single-Stage Earth-Orbital Reusable Vehicle (US NASA)
- Sociaal-Economische Raad Van Vlaanderen
- Society of Ethical and Religious Vegetarians
Samples in periodicals archive:
Research funded by the ESF and ESRC Science in Society Programme, carried out by Professor Pooran Wyanarczyk and Jonathan Brown from the Small Enterprise Research Unit (SERU) at Newcastle University, discovered only 1.
Small Enterprise Research Unit (SERU) Professor Pooran Wynarczyk says: "Direct public policy actions such as the development of the North-East Business and Innovation Centre (BIC), have helped the region to break out of tired established practices by nurturing and supporting fledgling enterprises with the potential for innovation and fast growth.