ANSI has taken this new storage protocol into the T10 committee, which deals mainly with the small computer standard interface (SCSI)--the most widely used interface for connecting storage devices--and the OSD specification is now in its eighth revision.
What does SCSI stand for?
SCSI stands for Small Computer Standard Interface
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SCSI
We have 37 other meanings of SCSI in our Acronym Attic
- Société Canadienne de Science Horticole
- Sun City Shadow Hills (Indio, CA)
- St Clair Shores Hockey Association (Michigan)
- Schmieding Center for Senior Health and Education (Arkansas)
- South Carolina Society of Hospital Engineers
- South Carolina State Housing Finance and Development Authority
- South Carolina Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Southern California Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Shodor Computational Science Institute
- Small Computer Serial Interface
- Small Computer System Interface
- Société Canadienne de Santé Internationale (Canadian Society for International Health)
- Society for Computer Simulation, International
- Source Coding with Side Information
- Southern California Systems, Incorporated
- State Collection Service, Inc (Madison, Wisconsin)
- Sub-Committee on Statistics and Information (fisheries)
- System Can't See It
- Small Computer System Interface 2
- South Carolina Self-Insurers Association (West Columbia, SC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Path to Storage Networks Storage configurations, in the absence of storage networking, are constrained by cabling and bandwidth requirements of small computer standard interface (SCSI) hardware: short segment lengths of 30 meters or less, limited ability to address multiple devices per host bus adapter (HBA), and exposure and sensitivity to hardware failure and downtime.
com), a Swiss-based developer of high performance, affordable storage area networking (SAN) management software solutions, today announced its support for the Internet Small Computer Standard Interface (iSCSI) with the release of MetaSAN iSCSI.