Physical activity entails considerable effort to achieve a relatively small calorie deficit.
What does CAL stand for?
CAL stands for Small Calorie (referring to heating 1 gram of water 1 degree Celsius)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CAL
We have 256 other meanings of CAL in our Acronym Attic
- Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory
- CORONA, ARGON, LANYARD (US intelligence)
- Crash and Learn (airplane simulator gaming)
- Credits to Avoid Lapse (insurance)
- Criterion Attribute Library (personality instrument; UK)
- Current Access Level
- Customer Acceptance Line (Ford)
- Customer Access Line
- Cyberathlete Amateur League (gaming)
- Large Calorie (referring to heating 1 kilogram of water 1 degree Celsius)
- System Calibration Test
- University of California, Berkeley
- California Institutes for Sciences and Innovation (University of California)
- California Waste Extraction Test
- California Emergency Nurses Association
- California Independent System Operator
- California Occupational Safety and Health Act
- California Pacific Conference (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics)
- California Partnership for Achieving Student Success (also seen as CALPASS; data tracking initiative)
- Coronary Artery Ligated and Reperfused Rat
Samples in periodicals archive:
5g fat BAD SNACK Tortilla chips (40g bag) 185 calories, 9g fat: Lower in fat than crisps, but only small calorie savings.