There are two previous case reports documenting this phenomenon, involving a small bowel injury (3) and a sigmoid injury (4) respectively.
What does SBI stand for?
SBI stands for Small Bowel Injury (medical)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SBI
We have 316 other meanings of SBI in our Acronym Attic
- Short Baseline Interferometer
- Short Block of Instruction
- Siberia Airlines (ICAO code)
- Side air-Bag Igniter
- Significant Bacterial Infection
- Silent Brain Infarct
- Single Burn Item (test)
- Site Build It (websites)
- Site of Biological Importance (UK)
- Skull Base Institute
- Small Business Institute
- Small Business Intelligence (Australia)
- Small Business International (est. 1991)
- Smart Bomb Interactive (video game developer; Salt Lake City, UT)
- Smith Bagley, Inc. (New Mexico)
- Sociedade Brasileira de Imunologia
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Solutions Backwards Initiative (Year Zero alternate reality game)
- Solutions for Business Intelligence (software)
- Sound Blaster Instrument
Samples in periodicals archive:
The M2A has been utilized to diagnose a range of diseases of the small intestine including Crohn's Disease, Celiac disease and other malabsorption disorders, benign and malignant tumors of the small intestine, vascular disorders, medication related small bowel injury, as well as a range of pediatric small bowel disorders.
About one in four arthritis patients who swallowed a video capsule for endoscopy had small bowel injury associated with chronic NSAID use, according to a study presented at the annual Digestive Disease Week.