[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] ASGAR ALI KALLA, MB ChB, FCP (SA), MD, FRCP (Lond) Professor of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Cape Town Asgar Kalla's research interests include osteoporosis in rheumatic diseases, disease activity and disability assessment in rheumatoid arthritis, monitoring of disease modification in rheumatoid arthritis, toxicity profiles of slow-acting anti-rheumatic drugs, NSAID gastropathy and mechanisms of bone loss in rheumatic diseases.
What does SAARD stand for?
SAARD stands for Slow-Acting Anti-Rheumatic Drug
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAARD
- System Authorization Access Request (DISA Form 41)
- System Authorization Access Request Navy (US Navy)
- Salem Area Amateur Radio Association
- San Antonio Area Rehabilitation Association (Texas)
- Sexual Abuse, Assault, and Rape Awareness
- South African Air Rifle Association
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Recovery Alliance
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
- Southern Africa Alliance of Reformed Churches (est. 1989)
- Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Research and Development
- South African Association for Research and Development in Higher Education
- South African Advertising Research Foundation
- Special Allied Airborne Reconnaissance Force (est. 1945)
- Serere Agricultural and Animal Research Institute (Uganda)
- Southern African Atmosphere Research Initiative
- Security Assistance Automated Resource Management Suite
- Standard Army Automated Retail System
- Secondary Attitude/Air Data Reference Unit
- Salla Allahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam (Arabic: may the blessing and the peace of Allah be upon him)
- San Antonio Audubon Society (San Antonio, TX)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The research is to find out if being treated early with a combination of slow-acting anti-rheumatic drugs (Saards) can make a difference to patients with active rheumatoid arthritis.