OK TO EAT Anchovy, Arctic char, farmed seabass, bream, cockle, Atlantic cod, coley, crab dab, haddock, farmed halibut, Atlantic herring, mussels, farmed prawns (king and tiger), sardine, European pilchard, skipjack tuna, red salmon, lemon sole, Dover sole, rainbow trout, turbot, whiting AVOID Eel, grey mullet, ling, Greenland halibut, mackerel, marlin, bluefin tuna, langoustine, plaice, shark, common skate, sole, sturgeon, swordfish, whitebait CAPTION(S): MACK ATTACK Fearnley-Whittingstall
What does SKJ stand for?
SKJ stands for Skipjack Tuna (FAO fish species code)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SKJ
We have 4 other meanings of SKJ in our Acronym Attic
- Smart Kids Into Sick Methods
- Seniors Keep in Touch (Westminster, MD)
- Sri Kalahastheeswara Institute of Technology (engineering college; India)
- Sub-Kilogram Intelligent Tele-Robots (robotics research; University of Southern California; US NASA)
- Sunapee Kearsarge Intercommunity Theatre (New London, NH)
- Swami Keshvanand Institute of Technology (India)
- Sport Karate International Tournament Alliance (martial arts)
- Swift Kick in the Ass
- Skeleton by Influence Zone
- Saveza Komunista Jugoslavije (Serbian: Communist League of Yugoslavia; political organization)
- Slovenska Kynologicka Jednota (Slovak: Slovakia Kennel Unity)
- Sri Krishna Jewelers (Garden City, MI)
- Suedtirols Katholische Jugend (German: South Tyrol's Catholic Youth)
- Surat Keterangan Jalan (Indonesian traveling permit)
- South Kingstown Justice and Peace Action Group (South Kingstown, RI)
- Singur Krishi Jami Raksha Committee (Telugu: Singur Anti-farmland Acquisition Committee; Singur, India)
- Saglig Kritik Klub (Danish: Unbiased Criticism Club; discussion forum)
- Seattle Kendo Kai (martial arts; Seattle, WA)
- Shaktoolik, Alaska (Airport Code)
- Shinwa Kaiun Kaisha (Japanese ship builder)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Skipjack Tuna Steaks are available in 301-gram retail packs from Fujieda, Shizuoka, Japan-based Tosakatsuo Suisan Co.
It came quickly, first a skipjack tuna, then a blackfin, then more skipjacks.
In descending order of their proportion in the catch they were bigeye tuna (Thunnus obesus), longnose lancetfish (Alepisaurus ferox), blue shark (Prionace glauca), mahimahi (Coryphaena hippurus), sickle pomfret (Taractichthys steindachneri), snake mackerel (Gempylus serpens), skipjack tuna (Katsuwonus pelamis), albacore (Thunnus alalunga), yellowfin tuna (Thunnus albacares), striped marlin (Tetrapturus audax), escolar (Lepidocybium flavobrunneum), ono (Acanthocybium solandri), and shortbill spearfish (Tetrapturus angustirostris).
Byline: Mark Blazis COLUMN: OUTDOORS Bluefin tuna are the most valuable of a whole family of highly migratory, mackerel-family fish that locally includes yellowfin and skipjack tuna, bonito, albacore (the tuna of our cans and lunches), little tunny or false albacore, king mackerel, bullet mackerel, cero and Atlantic mackerel.
The price of skipjack tuna is estimated to have jumped 70 percent in the last year and Del Monte said the sale - for $363 million - would help its margins.
5-ounce tins of skipjack tuna in Tomato Onion, Chili, Mild Indian Curry, Tomato Basil, Tomato Salsa and Lemon Pepper varieties, along with 3.