Clinicians should assume community-acquired skin and soft tissue infections are due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection unless proved otherwise, according to Dr.
What does S/STI stand for?
S/STI stands for Skin and Soft Tissue Infection
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 21 other meanings of S/STI in our Acronym Attic
- Steamship (US DoD)
- Strategic and Sustaining Base
- Samples and Sample Duplicates
- System/Segment Design Document
- System/Software Engineering Environment
- Staff Sergeant
- Ship-to-Shore Logistics Control Center
- Surface/Subsurface Raid Reporting Control Ship
Samples in periodicals archive:
emergency department visits for skin and soft tissue infections rose at the same time community-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus was emerging, according to a study published online Jan.
Estimates for skin and soft tissue infection visits are based on 3,374 sample records from 1992 through 1994 and 3,941 from 2001 through 2003.
Background Skin and soft tissue infections are common, and mild varieties are usually treated easily; however, emerging antimicrobial resistance can make treatment more difficult.