uk Film students off on New York exchange FILM students Mike Rymer and Lawrence Hayes from Skillset Screen Academy Wales have been selected to attend the first New York University and Screen AcademyWales international exchange.
What does SSAW stand for?
SSAW stands for Skillset Screen Academy Wales (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SSAW
We have 3 other meanings of SSAW in our Acronym Attic
- Stavropol State Agrarian University (Russia)
- Submarine Search Attack Unit
- Superannuation Scheme for Australian Universities
- Synchro Signal Amplifier Unit
- Sevenoaks Sound and Vision (UK)
- Simian Sarcoma-Associated Virus
- Special Operations Forces Sustainment, Asset Visibility and Information Exchange (US DoD)
- Stop Substance Abuse and Violence in Youth
- Piral Submerged Arc-Welded (pipes)
- School Students Against War (UK)
- Social Software in the Academy Workshop
- Synovial Sarcomas of the Abdominal Wall (pathology)
- Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group
- Storage Systems Analysis Working Group (est. 2005; hydrogen storage)
- Surface Ship Aviation Working Group
- Spring Summer Autumn Winter Snow (Japanese indoor ski area)
- Sons of Spanish American War Veterans
- Society for the Study of American Women Writers
- Soprano Saxophone
- Same Sex Attracted Youth
Samples in periodicals archive:
Skillset Screen Academy Wales welcomed crew members Tristan Oliver, Ralph Forster and Andy Gent for a presentation at the University of Glamorgan's Atrium building.
SKILLSET Screen Academy Wales has strengthened its team with the appointment of two new members - marketing co-ordinator Alexandra St George and placements co-ordinator Alex Leadley.
The pupils are part of the school's Filmclub scheme, a Film Agency for Wales and Skillset Screen Academy Wales initiative to give children access to classic films.
Since its launch four years ago, more than 4,000 young people have been engaged in the project, which is run by Bridgend County Borough Council's Arts and Culture Services in partnership with ITV Wales and organisations like Arts and Business Cymru, Cyfle, Skillset Screen Academy Wales and The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
Seven students from the Skillset Screen Academy Wales (SSAW) and two tutors leave today on a two-week exchange to share filmmaking skills with Indian students and complete a 10-minute short film.
The film was created as the pair's graduation film from the Skillset Screen Academy Wales (International Film School Wales) and they hope it will kick-start a promising career.