ALONGSIDE campaign medals and photographs taken by a paratrooper from the Sixth Airborne Division, George brought home a silver watch for his wife - now owned by his daughter, Vivien.
What does 6AD stand for?
6AD stands for Sixth Airborne Division (Great Britain)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Carry Firearm, Restricted Weapon or Explosives with Intent to Commit Crime (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Other Offence Re General Firearm Use (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Obstructs Police during Licence Enquiries (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Fail To Report Injury under Firearms Injury Arms Act (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Fail To Comply with Notice of Unsafe Firearm or Pistol (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Carry Loaded Firearm In Vehicle (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Other Offences Involving Firearm Use (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Motorola 68000 Series Microprocessor
- Mentally Disturbed Person (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Sixth Amendment
- Cyclo-Oxygenase II (molecule ID; protein that inhibits inflammation in cells)
- Sixth Dimension
- Sixth District (Washington, DC police)
- Sixth District Substation (Washington, DC police)
- Six Degrees of Freedom
- Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (Dream Theater album)
- Six Flags
- 2,2'-Bis (3,4-Dicarboxyphenyl) Hexafluoropropane Dianhydride
- Six Flags Magic Mountain
- Six Feet Under
Samples in periodicals archive:
Both served in the Sixth Airborne Division after signing up at 16.
He served with the Sixth Airborne Division (224 Parachute Field Ambulance) from 1944 onwards in Europe and the Middle East.