We have the situation under control (AFP Photo) (AFP) -- At least 50 Al-Qaeda-linked rebel fighters have been killed in recent days in clashes with French and Malian troops near the town of Gao in northern Mali, a Malian military source told AFP on Sunday.
What does 10-24 stand for?
10-24 stands for Situation Under Control (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of 10-24
- Location (police, ham, CB radio code)
- Call X By Phone (police code)
- Call X for Subsequent Number (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Call Home (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Call Your Wife (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Disregard (police code)
- Report in Person to X (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Arrived At Scene (police code)
- Stand-By (police code)
- Assignment Completed (police code)
- Report To/Meet X Person (police code)
- Estimated Time of Arrival (police code)
- Check Driver's License
- Check Ownership Information of Vehicle (police code)
- Check Records (police code)
- Stop Transmitting (police code)
- Danger/Caution (police code)
- Unauthorized Radio Traffic (police code)
- Pick Up (police code)
- X Number of Units Needed/Specify (police code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Azeri government has insisted the threat is minimal and they have the security situation under control.
The personnel in the two departments had put the situation under control and prevented the blaze spreading to other places.
However in view of rising incidents of target killing in Karachi President Asif Ali Zardari has directed Interior Minister to stay in the country and issued directives to bring the law and order situation under control.
In an effort to bring the situation under control, five people were injured.
Angelov says that Brussels has eyes for the Balkans only in times of war and is not in situation to keep the situation under control because with wrong assessment, it does not support a unique course for pacification of this region on a long term basis.
Police lobbed around half a dozen of tear gas shells to take the situation under control after the Maoists and the peace rally participants clashed at the exhibition road in the capital.
Speaking following a meeting with Prime Minister Rafik Hariri at the Grand Serail, he said there was "optimism and a general desire to keep the situation under control.