1 But concerns raised by Cheshire Wildlife Trust (CWT) about Thornton Common, a Site of Biological Importance (SBI) which consists of woodland surrounding several ponds, two of them large and fairly deep with muddy banks.
What does SBI stand for?
SBI stands for Site of Biological Importance (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SBI
We have 316 other meanings of SBI in our Acronym Attic
- Shiftwork Benchmarking Institute
- Shorebank International Ltd. (Chicago, Il)
- Short Baseline Interferometer
- Short Block of Instruction
- Siberia Airlines (ICAO code)
- Side air-Bag Igniter
- Significant Bacterial Infection
- Silent Brain Infarct
- Single Burn Item (test)
- Site Build It (websites)
- Skull Base Institute
- Small Bowel Injury (medical)
- Small Business Institute
- Small Business Intelligence (Australia)
- Small Business International (est. 1991)
- Smart Bomb Interactive (video game developer; Salt Lake City, UT)
- Smith Bagley, Inc. (New Mexico)
- Sociedade Brasileira de Imunologia
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Solutions Backwards Initiative (Year Zero alternate reality game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But Wirral Council's cabinet have approved plans to use CPO powers to bring the land into public ownership and allow the site, which is classified as a site of biological importance, to remain open.
Byline: LIAM MURPHY A POPULAR tourist attraction and site of biological importance in Wirral has been told to shut by the end of January.