Elaborating on the procedure of the research, Mousavipour said, "First, the structure of a single-walled carbon nanotube, with chemical formula C80H20, was optimized by the Gaussian software and its energy was computed at several theoretical levels.
What does SWCN stand for?
SWCN stands for Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SWCN
We have 1 other meaning of SWCN in our Acronym Attic
- Software Configuration Management
- Special Warfare Craft, Medium
- Sydney Water Catchment Management (Sydney, Australia)
- Southwestern Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association
- Soil and Water Conservation Monitoring Center (China)
- Southwest Wisconsin Care Management Coalition (now Southwest Family Care Alliance)
- Southwest Colorado Mental Health Center
- Southwest Consortium for the Mathematical and Life Sciences
- Software Capability Maturity Model
- Constructionman, Steelworker Striker (Naval Rating)
- South Westminster Community Network (UK)
- Speech Weighted Composite Noise (hearing aid research)
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences
- Single-Wall Carbon Nanotube
- Southwest Council of Optometry
- Southwest Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (University of Texas, Houston)
- South West College of Oriental Medicine (UK)
- Soil and Water Conservation Program
- South West Coast Path (Association; Devon, England)
- SouthWest Colorado Paranormal
Samples in periodicals archive:
Taking single-walled carbon nanotubes to the laboratory of Brown neuroscientist Diane Lipscombe, the research team zeroed in on ion channels located at the end of neurons' axons.
of Montreal, Quebec, Canada, reports that installation of its high-capacity unit for the production of single-walled carbon nanotubes (CNTs) is complete; it is ready to begin operations.
Several of these research projects involve single-walled carbon nanotubes, which are said to be stronger, tougher, and stiffer than existing reinforcements, and nanotubes also can confer electrical and thermal conductivity.
Individual and thin bundles of aminopolymer-functionalized single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs) were successfully imaged using high-resolution transmission electron microscopy (HR-TEM).
To address this need, small-angle x-ray scattering measurements on the NIST-responsible instrument at the Advanced Photon Source were used to interrogate the morphology of single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNTs) and multi-walled carbon nanotubes (MWNTs) in suspension.
By tightly wrapping a chemical 'sleeve' around a single-walled carbon nanotube, Papadimitrakopoulos and his research team were able to reduce exterior defects caused by chemically absorbed oxygen molecules.