Another measure to protect the Gulf from occupational hazards such as minor spills is the replacement of single-hull oil tankers by double-hulled ships which have been around since the late 1980s.
What does SHOT stand for?
SHOT stands for Single-Hull Oil Tanker
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SHOT
We have 18 other meanings of SHOT in our Acronym Attic
- Shore Site Consolidated Allowances List
- Short Range Land Combat (missile system)
- Shore Required Operational Capability
- Shore Requirements, Standards & Manpower Planning System
- Self-Healing and Optimizing Routing Technique
- Short-Term Terrain Model
- Serious Hazards of Transfusion (UK)
- Shoot Hell Obduracy Troopers (fiction)
- Shooting, Hunting, and Outdoor Trade Show
- Sight Hound Organization of Tidewater (Virginia)
- Society for the History of Technology
- Student Health Outreach Team (University of Florida)
- Stabilized High-accuracy Optical Tracking System
- State Health Online Tracking System (Florida)
- Students Helping Others through Service (various locations)
- Students Hot on the Sciences
- Self Help Organisations United Together (Australia)
- Stay Healthy Oppose Using Tobacco (Boulder County, CO)
- Students Helping Others Understand Tolerance (Canada)
- Students Helping Others Unite Together
Samples in periodicals archive:
The number of ships to be broken down will go up in the future, following IMO directives to phase out all single-hull oil tankers for environmental and safety purposes.