Residents say the road used to have a single yellow line on it and signs for restricted parking during daytime hours.
What does SYL stand for?
SYL stands for Single Yellow Line (UK roadways)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SYL
We have 10 other meanings of SYL in our Acronym Attic
- So You Know
- Spleen Tyrosine Kinase (enzymes)
- Suomalainen Yhteiskoulu (Helsinki, Finland coeducational school)
- Stockyard Kilty Band (bagpiping group; Chicago)
- South Yorkshire Kart Club (UK)
- South Yorkshire Key Fund (United Kingdom)
- Scottish Youth Lobby
- SearchYourLove (online dating service)
- Security Yard Light
- See You Later
- Smell Ya Later (Simpsons)
- Somali Youth League (1940s & 50s freedom movement)
- South Yosemite League (Bakersfield, CA)
- Southern Youth League (UK)
- Speak Your Language (LDS Missions)
- Strapping Young Lad (band)
- Suomen Ylioppilaskuntien Liitto (National Union of University Students in Finland)
- Super Yacht Logistics (various locations)
- Sutlej Yamuna Link (Indian canal)
- Scottish Young Lawyers Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sitting at the taxi rank on Bath Street, a car pulled up in front and parked on a single yellow line.
A site meeting was held on October 19, 2011, attended by business owners, councillors and council traffic officers, at which it was agreed that 60 spaces could be created for very little cost, largely by converting overly-long single yellow lines and redundant loading bays.
The authority put down a single yellow line on June 8 and notified people the area would become a controlled parking zone.
But, those hoping to leave their car on a single yellow line need to check if there is a time limit.
We have a single yellow line between the hours of eight till nine and three till four, to which they take no notice of; they park in front of residents' garages, up on pavements and on drives.
I myself was told it was OK by a traffic warden to park on a single yellow line on a Sunday.
I asked to see the photo and, sure enough, it's me sitting on a single yellow line in my fully paid-up taxed and insured motor, trying to strap in my four-year-old who had undone her seatbelt.