The new LTE-Advanced features-such as Enhanced Inter-Cell Interference Coordination (eICIC), Coordinated Multipoint Transmission (CoMP), Carrier Aggregation (CA) and Multi-Media Broadcast over a Single Frequency Network (MBSFN)-require an even higher degree of precision.
What does SFN stand for?
SFN stands for Single Frequency Network
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SFN
We have 59 other meanings of SFN in our Acronym Attic
- Standard Federal Minimum Wage (Australia)
- Strategics Film Marketing Workshop
- San Francisco Marine Exchange
- San Francisco Model Yacht Club
- Santa Fe, Santa Fe, Argentina (Airport Code)
- Scale-Free Network
- Securian Financial Network (Securian Financial Group; St. Paul, MN)
- Server Fruehe Neuzeit (German: Server Early Modern Times)
- Ship & Facilities, Navy
- Short File Name (eight legal characters and a period)
- Sistema Financeiro Nacional (Portuguese: National Financial System; Brazil)
- Soccer Fans Network (website)
- Société Française de Néonatologie (French: French Society of Neonatology; Paris, France)
- Société Française de Neurologie (French: French Society of Neurology)
- Société Française de Numismatique (French: French Society of Numismatics; est. 1865)
- Société Française de Nutrition (French: French Society of Nutrition; human and animal nutrition research; Paris, France)
- Society For Neuroscience
- Something from Nothing
- Southern Forests Network
- Star Formation Newsletter (monthly)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The new LTE-Advanced features such as Enhanced Inter-Cell Interference Coordination (eICIC), Coordinated Multipoint Transmission (CoMP), Carrier Aggregation (CA) and Multi-Media Broadcast over a Single Frequency Network (MBSFN) require an even higher degree of precision.
In a Single Frequency Network all stations use the same frequency to transmit TV content, thereby maximizing the number of simultaneous TV channels broadcast over a large area.
DVB-T2 also supports single frequency network (SFN) operation, where neighboring transmitters can use the same channels, thus covering the planned areas with a network of low-powered, synchronized SFN transmitters.
The national TV networks can broadcast in digital either by using different frequencies for each market (a typical approach used with analog television transmissions in order not to cause interference in adjacent markets), or by using one frequency for the entire country (this is called the Single Frequency Network, or SFN, approach).
A notable side-benefit of the new proposal will permit single frequency networks to help restore lost reception to vast areas of the country created by the government's failure to protect translators and low power stations in the proposed broadcast spectrum auction.
Harris Broadcast has been chosen by Ministry of Information, who runs Kuwait TV, the country's official state-run television network, for providing an end-to-end DVB-T2 single frequency network (SFN) for Kuwait.
Single frequency networks for HD, using a unique cellular approach: transmission company DNA used technology and services from Plisch and TeamCast to get DVB-T2 on air quickly