Purpose: To familiarize Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and nursing students with concepts related to mass casualty triage and to present an objective method to quickly identify those who require immediate attention, including the START or Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment system and JumpSTART the pediatric parallel to START.
What does START stand for?
START stands for Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of START
We have 75 other meanings of START in our Acronym Attic
- Status Tracking And Reporting System
- Global Change System for Analysis Research and Training
- Safety and Technical Assessment for Readiness of Technology
- Savings Today and Rewards Tomorrow (trademark of US Bank)
- Scientific and Technical Advisory and Response Team
- Scientific and Technical Analysis and Response Team (US FEMA)
- Security through Advanced Research & Technology
- Selected Topics in Assurance Related Technologies
- Selection of Thymidine Analog Regimen Therapy
- Simple Triage and Rapid Transport
- Ski Today and Ride Today (Park City, UT)
- Solutions To Avoid Red Tide, Inc.
- South Texas Accelerated Research Therapeutics (San Antonio, TX)
- Spacecraft Technology and Advanced Re-Entry Test(ing)
- SPAWAR Training, Administration, & Requirements Tool
- Special Tactics and Rescue Team (Lansing, Michigan law enforcement)
- Special Threat Awareness Receiver/Transmitter
- Sprint Technical Applicant Resource Training
- Stanislaus Regional Transit (California)
- Start-Up and Accelerated Recruitment Team