All files uploaded to Dropbox are encrypted andstoredon Amazon's Simple Storage Service (S3).
What does S3 stand for?
S3 stands for Simple Storage Service (Amazon service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of S3
We have 13 other meanings of S3 in our Acronym Attic
- Operations & Training Officer
- Safety and Suitability for Service (NATO munitions)
- Scream Trilogy (movies)
- Secondary 3 (various locations)
- Secure Software Systems
- Selection for Societal Sanity (Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty game)
- Self-Sustaining Systems (workshop)
- Signals, Sensors and Systems (Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden)
- Silicon and Software Systems
- Silverstream Software
- Sleep Mode 3 (deep-sleep computer power-down state)
- Soils, Sediment and Subsurface Inc (Tallahassee, FL)
- Solid Snake Simulation (Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty game)
- Special Sensor System
- Spectrum Supportability System (US DoD Defense Information Systems Agency)
- Start-up Number Three (S3, Inc., Santa Clara, CA; founded 1989)
- Strategic Services Sourcing Contract (US Army Communications-Electronics Life Cycle Management Command)
- Surgery Scheduling System (Army medical department)
- Swiss Space Systems
- Synergistic Strike System
Samples in periodicals archive:
a leading provider of information availability software solutions, announced today that Attunity CloudBeam, its recently introduced high-performance SaaS platform for Amazon Web Services (AWS), has expanded its services to provide a new data replication-as-a-service solution for AWS' Simple Storage Service (S3).
Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Simple Storage Service ($3) components allow companies to use virtual computers and servers.
com Inc (Nasdaq:AMZN), announced on 9 October that it will lower prices for the Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) effective 1 November 2008.
Amazon is adding a Cross-Origin Resource Sharing capability to its S3 Simple Storage Service, allowing developers to build web applications that access data stored in the company's cloud far more easily.