76 This guide explains the rules for constructing extensible markup language (XML) documents, introduces document type definitions (DTDs) and XML schemas, discusses strategies for storing and retrieving XML documents, and describes programming with the document object model (DOM) and simple API for XML (SAX).
What does SAX stand for?
SAX stands for Simple API for XML
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SAX
We have 22 other meanings of SAX in our Acronym Attic
- South African Women for Women (est. 1996; Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- South Asia Women's Watch
- State Average Weekly Wage
- Surrey Area Weekend Walkers (England, UK)
- Sacramento Area Water Works Association
- Semi Arid Wheat Yield Trial
- Salut, Amor i Xarxa (Catalan: Health, Love and Networking)
- Satellite per Astronomia X (Italian X-ray astronomy satellite)
- Short Axis (echocardiography)
- Slovakian Stock Exchange
- Structure of an XML (Extensible Markup Language)
- Symbolic Aggregate Approximation (visual data investigation)
- Spastic Ataxia, Autosomal Dominant
- Subclavian/Axillary Artery to Coronary Artery Bypass
- Small Angle X-Ray Diffraction (biophysics)
- Springfield Armory eXtreme Duty (pistol)
- Sexual Antagonism and X Inactivation
- Small-Angle X-Ray Scattering Initiative for Europe
- Simple Accessible XHTML Online News
Samples in periodicals archive:
Until now, most XML APIs for Java have fallen into one of two broad classes: event-based, streaming APIs like the Simple API for XML processing (SAX) or tree-based APIs like the Document Object Model (DOM).
xml standard extension packages for working with Simple API for XML (SAX), Document Object Model (DOM), and Extensible Stylesheet Language (XSL) transforms.
In addition to those standards supported in previous versions, Microsoft's latest XML parser -- the programming component that implements the core XML standards and provides XML services to applications -- adds standards-compliant support for XSL Transformations (XSLT), XML Path Language (XPath) and Simple API for XML (SAX2).
It also extends support for the Simple API for XML (SAX2) programming interface, making SAX2 accessible from the Visual Basic(R) development system.
Like their predecessors, the C and C++ components support both Document Object Model (DOM) and Simple API for XML (SAX) interfaces and are deployed on the Oracle(R) Application Server to access data in Oracle8(TM) and Oracle8i(TM) databases.
Megginson, who chairs the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) XML Information Set Working Group and maintains the widely-implemented Simple API for XML (SAX), said that XMLNews brings together existing Web and Industry standards into a single package.