Initially, the disease was referred to as "mystery swine disease" until its cause was determined to be a positive-stranded RNA virus, designated porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV), that together with murine lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virus (LDV), equine arteritis virus, and simian hemorrhagic fever virus, belongs to the family Arteriviridae (6).
What does SHFV stand for?
SHFV stands for Simian Hemorrhagic Fever Virus
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- South Hampton Free Public Library (South Hampton, NH)
- St. Helena Family Resource Center (California)
- Severe Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome
- Saskatchewan History and Folklore Society, Inc. (est. 1957; Canada)
- Smith Hayes Financial Services (Lincoln, NE)
- Stores Handling & Fueling-At-Sea
- Supportable Hybrid Fighter Structures
- Slovak Heritage and Folklore Society International
- Sydney Harbour Federation Trust (Mosman, New South Wales, Australia)
- Scripps Howard Foundation Wire
- Supported Housing for Families and Young Adults (New York)
- Gizzard Shad (FAO fish species code)
- Sacred Heart Griffin (Springfield, Illinois school)
- Saunders Hotel Group (Boston, MA)
- Second Harmonic Generation
- Sediment Hosted Gold (mining project; Canada)
- Segmented Hyper-Graphic (file format)
- Self Help Group
- Short-Handed Goals (hockey)