Initially, the disease was referred to as "mystery swine disease" until its cause was determined to be a positive-stranded RNA virus, designated porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV), that together with murine lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virus (LDV), equine arteritis virus, and simian hemorrhagic fever virus, belongs to the family Arteriviridae (6).
What does SHF stand for?
SHF stands for Simian Hemorrhagic Fever
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SHF
We have 74 other meanings of SHF in our Acronym Attic
- Sensible Heat Factor
- Separating Hash Family
- Settlement Housing Fund
- Seven Holy Founders (Catholic School, Affton, MO)
- Shareholders Fund
- Shawn Hornbeck Foundation (Missouri)
- Shifts (Hockey)
- Shining Force (game)
- Ship's History File
- Siberian Husky France (dog club; France)
- Singapore Heart Foundation
- Single Hedge Fund
- Single Hispanic Female
- Sisters of the Holy Family (religious order)
- Sociedad Hipotecaria Federal (México, low income mortgage program, formerly FOVI)
- Société de l'Histoire de France (Society for French History)
- Société Herpétologique de France
- Société Hippique Française (French: French Equine Society; Paris, France; est. 1865)
- Société Honoraire de Français (French Honor Society)
- Southampton Heritage Federation (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Combined simian hemorrhagic fever and Ebola virus infection in cynomolgus monkeys.