IBM has shipped the 100 millionth chip made with silicon germanium (SiGe), a technology pioneered by IBM that is revolutionizing the design of cell phones and other wireless electronic products.
What does SIGE stand for?
SIGE stands for Silicon Germanium
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SIGE
We have 2 other meanings of SIGE in our Acronym Attic
- Communications Security Publication (US Army)
- Sechelt Indian Government District (Canada)
- Security in Government Departments (manual; New Zealand)
- Single Instruction on Groups of Data
- Special Interest Group on Design Automation
- Student International Game Developers Association (est. 2001)
- Special Interest Group on Dependability Benchmarking (International Federation for Information Processing)
- Signals Development
- Special Interest Group on Design of Communication (Association for Computing Machinery; est. 1975)
- Special Interest Group on Documentation
- Southern Indiana Gas & Electric Co.
- Sub-Ice Geological Exploration
- Sleep, Interest, Guilt, Energy, Concentration, Appetite, Psychomotor, Suicidal (mnemonic for characteristics of major depression)
- Southern Indiana Gas & Electric Company
- Special Interest Group on Electronic Commerce (ACM)
- Sindicato General de Empleados del Congreso de La República (Spanish: General Union of Employees of the Congress of the Republic; Guatemala)
- Smithsonian Institution Global Earth Observatories
- Soluções Integradas Em Geotecnologias (Porgugese)
- Signals Exercise
- Samoa International Game Fishing Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
The integrated circuit is based on silicon germanium chip-making technology and will be used in data communications equipment like switches and routers that are used in optical communication networks, IBM said.